“Plan for the worst, hope for the best.”
If you travel there is always going to come a time when you catch something. If you travel much internationally you are going to encounter times when buying over the counter meds in a foreign country can be a challenge and there are occasions when they’re just not available.
Long ago we developed a habit of packing small quantities of OTC medications along with some preventative insurance like lozenges.
This Rescue Essentials pack is no more expensive than putting together your own from scratch and the packaging is perfect for putting in pack or suitcase.
MEDICATIONS Unit Dose Pack by RESCUE ESSENTIALS
- Provides five of the most commonly needed medications: Ibuprofen (I-Prin),Acetaminophen (APAP),Aspirin, Loperamide (Diamode), Diphenhydramine (Diphen), and Calcium carbonate (Alkalak).
- Each medication comes in a weatherproof foil packed unit dose.
- Each ziplock bag contains: 12 Ibuprofen (NSAID) – 200 mg tablets (6 twin packs), 12 Acetaminophen (Analgesic) – 325 mg caplets (6 twin packs), 8 Aspirin (4 325mg twin packs), 4 Loperamide HCl (anti-diarrheal) tablets – 2 mg caplets (4 single packs total 8mg), 6 Diphenhydramine (antihistamine) – 25 mg caplets (6 single packs), 8 Calcium Carbonate (antacid) – 420 mg chewable tablets (4 twin packs)
- $11.99 with free shipping
Rescue Essentials also has a pack of three different single use topical first aid creams available HERE
Judi’s a big believer in vitamin C to build up immunity and while I look at it like chicken soup – it doesn’t do any harm. We both have had great experiences with the advantages of zinc and the flu. Ziacam’s fruit drops have the highest rating of all similar products and we won’t travel without it.
Zicam Cold Remedy Fruit Drops
- Packed with natural orange power, these homeopathic cold remedy gummy-like drops contain zinc and help shorten the length of colds when taken at the first sign
- Cold Remedy Orange Drops: Our chewy drops are different from most other cold medicine that just treats symptoms; They’re clinically proven to shorten colds when taken at the first sniffle, sneeze, or cough; Help ease your cold symptoms with Zicam
- From Cold to No Cold Faster: Zicam Cold Remedy products are clinically proven to shorten colds when taken at the first sign, so you feel better, faster; Help calm your cold with Zicam Cold Remedy products like our nasal spray, swabs and RapidMelt tablets
- Zicam Homeopathic Remedies: Known for Zicam Cold Remedy products, we also offer products for homeopathic allergy relief and nasal congestion and sinus relief
- Zicam for Shorter Colds: Zicam homeopathic cold remedy is meant to be used in the beginning of a cold; Try Zicam the next time you feel the first sniffle, sneeze or cough of an oncoming cold; Satisfaction guaranteed
Everyones got a favorite when it comes to sore throat and cough drops but these have been our choice for decades. I’m prone to chronic coughs when I get respiratory infections and with the exception of a prescription, these work best. A little hard to find but wor
Fisherman’s Friend Lozenges
There’s not much you can add about a cough drop other than they work. Fisherman’s Friend is a strong menthol lozenge with Eucalyptus oil produced by the Lofthouse company in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. Fisherman’s Friend originally developed by pharmacist James Lofthouse in 1865 to relieve various respiratory problems suffered by fishermen working in the extreme conditions. The fishermen began to refer to the lozenges as “friends”, hence the name.
In addition to OTC meds we also carry a small first aid package with bandage strips, alcohol wipes and antibiotic cream (Neosporin). Our choice is small one-use packets and there’s no reason not to buy generic brands.
CAREALL TRIPLE ANTIBIOTIC PACKETS
- FIRST AID in the healing of Infections in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- 24 HOUR INFECTION PROTECTION for minor wounds.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Compare to the Active Ingredients of Neosporin. Active Ingredients (in each gram): Bacitracin Zinc 400 units, Neomycin Sulfate 5mg (equivalent to 3.5mg of Neomycin base), Polymyxin B Sulfate 5,000 units.
- SINGLE USE each 0.9 gram foil packet is easy to dispense.
- FDA REGISTERED with NDC# (National Drug Code Number) printed on packaging with LOT # and Expiration Date.
Disclaimer: We are Amazon Affiliates and should you follow any of the above links to Amazon and purchase an item we will receive a small commission for the referral. We do however recommend products that we don’t believe in or use ourselves.